Thursday, January 3, 2008

Life is good

I've been in a bad mood lately. Well not so much a bad mood as just sort of down. I haven't been sleeping much, and when I do sleep I don't sleep well. I've been hurting. Not enough to be debilitating, but enough to slow me down quite a bit. Also, I've been spending most of my time cleaning out the house which is NOT my favorite thing to do. I mean look at it this way. I've spent years collecting this junk and hauled it all over the US. It must be good for something.

However, I got tired of being in a funk. I began to think of some of the good things.

I woke up this morning. It's not much but it beats the alternative.
I was able to get out of bed by myself. I know a number of people who can't do that.
I have a roof over my head, food for my belly, clothes for my body and my momma loves me.
My momma is still alive. She is 83 years of age, and still lives alone.
I have a few good friends, from ages 15 - 90. Not many, but more than I deserve.
My daughter and grand daughter call me regularly. My daughter thinks I'm intelligent (an out of touch jerk but intelligent) and my grand daughter laughs at me (she's 8 months old). I even get to see them 2 or 3 times a year.
The church I worship with haven't kicked me out yet.
My jeep hasn't broken down lately.
My dog hasn't run away in a while.

Life is pretty good. I still hurt, probably won't get much sleep tonight and still need to throw away a bunch of junk, but life is good.

No comments: